school Diálogo
Since I have been Portuguese in Switzerland full of enthusiasm and I learned the language just so well liked, I decided to use to improve, my 2-week stay in Salvador for my language skills. In the morning I visited the language school "Diálogo" in Barra. This is a small family school and you feel right at home. All teachers and head teachers speak English and some German even if it is not possible at all to speak in Portuguese. So it's no problem, as a beginner to go there.
During the first days I was assigned to the wrong class, or they were just too good for me. I spoke with the head and she suggested some solutions. Finally, we agreed that I, for the rest of the week get private lessons, just 2 instead of 4 lessons per day. This allowed the teachers fully discuss my problems and we practiced, most importantly talks.
In the 2 Week I was with a German and Italian in the class and we had fun. I found it very good that you build in this school, especially vocabulary and conversation will be on the Road to get along instead of just cramming dry grammar. We also heard a song every day and translated it. Because I simply love the Brazilian music, this was my favorite type to learn the language.
The school offers a cooking course to prepare to own Brazilian Bahian and other treats can be. I attended this course two times and found it interesting and the food tasted delicious. Also have to visit the students an option of samba, capoeira music or course. The school also organized at least once a week on a trip or other event.
Many wonder whether it in just 2 weeks in general is making progress in one language. Yes! Of course it would be advisable to stay longer, but after 2 weeks, my Portuguese is quite improved. Because the teacher insisted that we talked much Portuguese and especially outside the school, I was constantly in contact with the language and I had to speak, if I wanted to / could not. Unless I was traveling with my Brazilian friends, I spoke almost exclusively English.
0 comments:
Post a Comment