Sunday, December 17, 2006

Miami Lightsheer For Sale

urban jungle of São Paulo


Abandoning Salvador was hard, so hard that I left the airport when I learned that my flight is delayed and I seriously considered whether I take a taxi and go back to my friends to. Reason prevailed and I returned to the waiting room. Due to problems in Brasilia, had many aircraft delay. Unfortunately, the staff just made the announcements in a rapid and incomprehensible Portuguese, so I had no idea what was now happening. A Brazilian businessman noticed my insecurity and helped me further. Again and again he looked exactly what will happen now with my flight and argued with me about anything. I appreciated it very much, how open he the policies and problems in Brazil said, because this weekend was the president Lula re-elected.



São Paulo was like a different world for me compared to Salvador. Everywhere skyscrapers and other buildings, busy and stressed-chic-dressed people. Also in São Paulo I had Brazilian friends I met in Australia. I lived in Lucca. He took me to his friends, to college and showed me the city. It was impressive to see such a huge city. But I had so trouble with the smog. For hours we sat in the sun show off in traffic. The stench of exhaust fumes and polluted river water. It is understandable that so few people in São Paulo or who can afford it, traveling by helicopter.


0 comments:

Post a Comment