on one of my favorite sites "TED " I have become aware of the Marshmallow Challenge by Tom Wujec . In this team-building task, the participants are invited to make a marshmallow as high as possible, be positioned above the table top. I have taken this task as a basis for a focawa task. They should assess the students after their teamwork and their role in the team it with their own requirements for a team member . Compare The Marshmallow Challenge was a resounding success in my eyes. For the first time I had no great persuasion afford to move the students to participate.
The results
|
| 114 cm led to victory! Congratulations to the winners! |
is hindsight, I do wonder whether I have with the specifications communicated something wrong. Thus, the winner of the tape roll used as a base for spaghetti - although this use complies with the requirements, but I have seen in the photo blog of Tom Wujec a second time. The level is therefore higher by more than four inches as the best average set of Tom Wujec - that of structural engineers and architects.
from the first exercise group were able to build two of the three groups, a handsome tower. What cm to an average height of 68.6 resulted in the group. In the second group broke down all three towers. The average height was therefore, unfortunately, only 7.6 cm. How did it come to such differences?
A question of ambition
|
| Improvised winners of the second group! Shortly before the end of the Challenge bent at the tower! |
Last week I had the students tried to explain the negative consequences of rivalry. Dan Pink's candle problem was the perfect solution. I decided to suspend the participants in their own competition. So I informed the participants of the second group just before the start of the challenge the fact that the winning group had managed cm in the first Challenge 114th I emphasized however, that there is no question that value to beat, but to winners within their own practice group. The students were focused, but on the construction of an exercise-group cross-winner. So broke just before the end of working together all the towers.
Without wishing to be derived from this result, too many results, I learned that I would not be attending my event to the competitive comparison, but to encourage individual development of strengths. If this occurs an unrivaled product or a committed team, the better!
The official presentation of the results of the Marsh Mallow Challenge can downloaded as a pdf be.
0 comments:
Post a Comment